Decentralized structures do not automatically mean additional costs for the maintenance and administration of a network. "NMP" developed by MICROSENS, is the central management solution for FTTO networks. It actively supports administrators and IT specialists by their daily maintenance and administration tasks in the network. The software creates optimal conditions for the efficient implementation of IT work processes.
In addition to key tasks such as system availability, recovery time and energy efficiency, service orientation is also becoming increasingly important within IT management. However, a balanced relationship between service quality and personnel costs requires efficient workflows and powerful tools that optimally support administrators in their daily work. Therefore MICROSENS provides its customers with reliable hardware solutions as well as the NMP management system. Network hardware and software thus form a perfectly coordinated overall solution that enables high system availability, fast response times and optimal workflows. The graded license model considers different installation sizes and requirements: from the pure client, to efficient server versions and up to the high availability solution for the administration of several thousand devices.
NMP makes roll-outs flexible and simple. Several master configurations can be distributed group-based via MAC or IP autodiscovery at the push of a button. Time-controlled firmware updates with version control simplify recurring tasks for administrators and at the same time reduce maintenance-related downtimes. The replacement of devices is also extremely simple. The NMP software automatically detects identical devices and automatically restores configurations and firmware. All you have to do is enter the old and new MAC addresses noted on each device into an easy-to-read web-based interface - work thats easy for anyone to perform.
The NMP server allows parallel access by up to 50 administrators with automatic recognition of simultaneous configuration accesses to individual devices. Device groups, device configurations and topology information are stored by the server version including the change history in a redundant SQL database. For the documentation needed for compliance policies, administrators receive a complete documentation of all changes and configuration steps carried out with exact assignment to the respective user.
MICROSENS NMP (Network Management Platform)
- for monitoring and managing manageable MICROSENS components (Micro Switches, Industrial Switches, 10G transmission platforms MSP1000 / MSP3000)
- web-based interface with flexible access, client and server version with redundant design and group-based user administration
- Dedicated control of access rights for external employees and service providers
- Autodiscovery, group-based firmware updates and roll-out function with automated distribution of master configurations and firmware versions
- Topology manager with import function for building plans and maps
- Monitoring of availability, port activity and temperature
- Automated alarm messages and reports