With regard to the 10G service modules, MICROSENS categorizes into a total of 3 segments:
10G Muxponder modules
MICROSENS offers a variety of 10G modules to transmit virtually any type and mix of customer services from Ethernet to Fibre Channel, TDM to video over a single 10G wavelength.
In this segment 2 different service modules are available:
- Aggregation of up to 8x 1G services into one 10G service
- Multi-protocol aggregation (any mix of 1G, 1G Fibre Channel, 2G Fibre Channel, 4G Fibre Channel, OC-12/STM-4 and OC-48/STM-16) to 10G service with single service decoupling (add/drop functionality) and protection option via second line interface
10G/16G Transponder modules
The most powerful module in terms of distance is the 10G transponder card with the enhanced Forward Error Correction (FEC) feature. It provides an SFP+ multiprotocol client port and an XFP-Line port.
The next expansion stage is exactly this model, but now equipped with both 2 client and 2 line connections (double transponder 10G). The two line ports can also be used in the sense of a 1+1 configuration as protection for a 10G service.
A quadruple module is available for the transmission of Fibre Channel services, with which up to 4x 16G (multiprotocol) can be transmitted via one module.
Service modules for lower speeds
MICROSENS also offers a variety of low-speed aggregation and media converter modules below 10G:
- Service module for STM-1/OC-3 aggregation
- Aggregation module 2x1G / 2x1G FC or STM16 transmission
- Quadruple transponder 4G for transmission of up to 4 parallel channels 100Mbit/s ...4G FC